Fat Transfer in Sarasota with Dr. Kristopher Hamwi
Age, lifestyle, and genetic factors can cause stubborn fat to accumulate in inconvenient places on our bodies. Diet and exercise are not always enough to combat fat pockets that refuse to budge, and this often interferes with looking and feeling our best. However, with improved body contouring methods like fat transfer, you can say goodbye to stubborn fat pockets and hello to more defined curves.
Florida Plastic Surgery’s highly trained and board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Kristopher Hamwi is committed to changing his patients’ lives through aesthetic plastic surgery. Partnering with Dr. Hamwi for fat transfer can help you to trim down problem areas while accentuating your body’s contours in other areas.
Restoring your appearance with fat transfer in Sarasota has never been easier! Contact Dr. Hamwi to schedule your consultation at Florida Plastic Surgery 941-800-2000 or complete our online form today.
What is Fat Transfer?
Fat transfer, also known as fat grafting or autologous fat transfer, is a minimally invasive procedure that produces immediate results. It involves harvesting fat from specified regions of your body, processing it, and then injecting it to enhance the appearance of other areas. It is safe, effective, and presents a relatively low risk, as the procedure only uses your own bodily tissues.
Once the fat transfer areas are identified, the fat is harvested through liposuction. Liposuction is a safe surgical procedure for the permanent reduction of subcutaneous fat. It is a versatile treatment aimed at targeting smaller deposits of fat to sculpt a leaner appearance.
After the fat has been safely collected, it is processed to ensure it is healthy and contains the correct components to survive the transfer. This processed fat can be repositioned to areas to augment your body’s natural contours.
What Fat Transfer Options Can I Choose From?
When fat is transferred to the buttocks, the goal is to sculpt the buttocks to a rounder and more aesthetically pleasing shape.Dr. Hamwi harvests fat from the abdomen and thighs, which is then relocated to the buttocks. When the fat is repositioned, the effect is a leaner, more toned looking abdomen and thighs, along with shapelier buttocks. By sculpting these areas rather than simply debulking the fat, Dr. Hamwi is able to create truly remarkable results.
Breast augmentation is one of the most common plastic surgeries performed. Using transplanted fat in conjunction with your breast augmentation provides a more natural option than traditional breast implants. If factors such as age, pregnancy, or weight loss have affected your breasts’ volume or appearance, breast augmentation using transplanted fat may be beneficial.
As we age, our facial skin changes naturally due to loss of collagen, bone, fat, and also because of environmental factors such as the sun or pollution. When the fat transfer procedure harvests fat from the abdomen and thighs, it can then be relocated to facial regions that have lost volume. This process is called fat transfer to the face, or facial fat grafting. The transplanted fat can be used to enhance your existing facial contours, add fullness, smooth fine lines and wrinkles, and fill in cheeks.
What are the Benefits of Fat Transfer?
Fat transfer is an outpatient procedure that:
- Restores volume in the breast, face, or buttocks
- Relocates fat to areas where fullness is desired
- Requires no significant downtime or recovery period
- Augments the body with no implants or foreign materials
In addition to the many improvements the procedure can have on one’s appearance, fat transfer can also provide a great source of confidence. This can be especially true when you decide to partner with an expert like Dr. Hamwi for your procedure.
Why Should I Choose Dr. Hamwi as My Fat Transfer Surgeon in Sarasota, FL?
Hover over each box to learn more.
What Can I Expect in a Florida Fat Transfer Procedure?
Fat transfer is an outpatient procedure performed in an accredited surgical center. The procedure is typically done under general anesthesia. Each operation will follow a unique surgical plan, but some general steps can be expected:
- Anesthesia: Initially, you will be given anesthesia by a certified anesthesia provider. The best anesthesia method for your surgery will already have been discussed in your consultation. You will then be gently sedated and taken back to the operating room.
- Incisions: After you are comfortably anesthetized, Dr. Hamwi will begin by making small incisions in which to insert the liposuction device. The incision site will depend on which areas were specified for fat removal.
- Liposuction: During liposuction, the treatment areas are injected with a solution that contains saline, lidocaine, and epinephrine to numb the area, control bleeding, and prepare the tissue for the fat transfer process. Dr. Hamwi will then carefully extract fat cells.
- Fat Cell Processing: The harvested tissues are then processed and prepared for reinjection into the new area.
- Fat Injections: The fat cells are reintroduced into the treated area using small, fine-gauge needles. As Dr. Hamwi understands how subtle changes can create drastic results, he will precisely choose the injection sites to best enhance your contours.
How Soon Will I See My Sarasota Fat Transfer Results?
In most cases, you will see visible results immediately following treatment. You’ll continue to see your results improve over the next few weeks as your body adjusts to the changes. Some procedures may cause mild bruising or swelling at the treatment site. Some patients may require follow-up treatments due to the body absorbing the transplanted fat cells.
Sarasota, FL, Fat Transfer FAQs
Fat transfer procedures are highly customizable. Due to each individual’s needs and aesthetic goals, the cost of your treatment will vary based on the extent of your procedural plan. During your consultation, Dr. Hamwi will provide a more accurate fat transfer cost estimate.
You’ll be given anesthetics, so you will not experience any discomfort during the procedure. For the first few days of your recovery, you may experience moderate pain, bruising, and soreness at the procedure site. Following Dr. Hamwi’s instructions regarding medication and activity is important during this time.